Fancy Pants: Can You Wear Jeans as Formal Attire?
Jeans are an acceptable addition to outfits unless you’re attending a gala or black-tie wedding. But you need to follow a few rules to pull off a classic, sleek look. Keep reading to learn how to wear jeans as formal attire.
You Can Make Jeans Classy
Jeans are a staple item in every woman’s closet. You can transition them from daytime errands to nighttime dinners, fancy dates, or fun gatherings. However, many believe jeans are casual pants that don’t fit business casual or formal settings. Luckily, that’s not true! You can wear jeans as formal attire. But there are tips and guidelines to make jeans acceptable in those settings.
How To Make Jeans More Formal
Denim jeans come in all different shades, from acid wash to classic blue denim. Choose dark wash and black jeans for formal attire. Darker jeans transition from day to night easier and pair with boots or high heels for a chicer style.
A great tip for dressing up your jeans is to layer up with a blazer. A stylish blazer elevates your jeans and enhances your entire outfit. Pair your denim with a cotton, linen, corduroy, or tweed blazer.
The secrets are in the details when enhancing denim. Fashion pairings make a big difference. To elevate your jeans, balance them with soft and delicate fabrics like silk blouses.
By choosing more delicate shirts like camisole tops and chiffon fabrics, you attract more attention to the shirt than your jeans. Simply put, you look dressier. Additionally, pair your delicate fabrics with jewelry for an eye-catching appearance.
Guidelines To Follow
There are quick guidelines to follow when wearing jeans as formal attire. Follow the advice below:
- Choose properly fitting jeans that don’t sag in the crotch. Loose or baggy jeans don’t have a tailored, sleek aesthetic.
- Always select solid denim. Avoid jeans with logos, rips, discolored spots, prints, or bedazzled pockets.
- If you decide to wear a belt, select a formal-looking belt.
- Select a flattering waistline cut for your jeans. Make sure it covers your midsection and makes you feel comfortable in all positions (standing and sitting).
- Don’t wear white socks with jeans. Opt for a classy dress sock (preferably black or navy blue).
Experiment with your style and create versatile looks with jeans. Remember to follow our tips and guidelines to achieve the best outfit!